The term 'Slater Safety' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 238 Woodplumpton Road, Woodplumpton, Preston, PR4 0TA. Our company registration number is GB 165674240. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness, or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF TRADE
“The Firm means Slater Safety Supplies. “The Customer” means the person who has contracted with the Firm for the purchase of goods. These conditions do not apply to contacts under which goods are exported outside the United Kingdom.
Quotations are valid for 28 days from date of issue and customer orders are not deemed accepted until written or other confirmation of their receipt by the Firm is given. Once an order has been accepted, it can only be cancelled with the written consent of the Firm and on payment by the Customer to the Firm of any sums which the Firm may have incurred in connection with the order.
PRICE LISTS AND PRICES (3)
- All printed price lists issued by the Firm are intended only for the person to whom they are given, with the request that they should not fall into other hands. All printed price lists issued by the Firm are subject to alterations by the Firm at any time without notice. All previous lists are cancelled.
- Goods will be charged at the price ruling at the date of dispatch except for bona fide contract orders accepted by the Firm at a fixed price when they were placed.
- The prices given in all quotations, specifications or contracts are based on the full quantities shown therein and the Firm reserves the right to revise prices in the event of the quantities or the nature of the order being altered.
ACCEPTANCE OF ORDERS (4)
The acceptance of an order by the Firm will create a contract of which these terms and conditions shall form part.
PURCHASE ORDERS (5)
In order to clearly and explicitly communicate the request made to Slater Safety, it is imperative that all purchase orders clearly state the specifics of the purchase request. Purchase orders should contain the minimum; product(s) being purchased, quantity purchased, Slater Safety SKU codes, price per unit, delivery location. This list is not exhaustive.
Prices do not include VAT which will be an additional charge payable by the Customer and calculated at the rate applicable at the date of supply.
TERMS OF PAYMENT (7)
- Payment is due within 30 days from date of invoice. Herein after called “the due date”.
- If the Customer fails to make payment on the due date then (without prejudice to any other rights of the firm):
- The Firm shall be entitled to suspends all or any other deliveries to be made under that or any other contract with the Customer and in such event, the Customer shall not in any respect be released from his obligations to the Firm under that or any such other contract.
- Instead of suspension in accordance with paragraph (i) above, the Firm shall be entitled to terminate the relevant contract or any other contract with the Customer in accordance with condition 8 below and to claim damages from the Customer.
- Interest will be charged at the rate of 2.5% per month on accounts which remain unpaid 30 days after the due date.
- A Customer shall not be entitled to withhold payment of any amount payable under a contract with the Firm because of a disputed claim of any nature, nor shall the Customer be entitled to set off against any amount payable under the contract to the Firm, any monies which are not then presently payable by the Firm or for which the Firm disputes liability.
TERMINATION OF CONTRACT (8)
The Firm, without prejudice to the Customer, will terminate any contract forthwith if:
(a) The Customer shall commit any breach of any of the terms (including without limitations, terms concerning the time for payment of the purchase price) of this or any other contract with the Firm and on its part to be observed or performed provided always that if such breach in remediable the contract shall be determined until seven days after the Customer shall have failed to comply with a written notice requiring him to remedy such breach.
(b) Upon the commencement of any act or proceedings in which the Customer’s solvency is involved.
(c) The Customer shall have the right to terminate the contract without prejudice if the Firm shall call a meeting of its creditors or have a receiver of all or any of its assets appointed or enter liquidation.
Goods forwarded under special delivery arrangements made at the Customer’s request will be subject to a carriage charge.
DESPATCH AND DELIVERY (10)
- Whilst the Firm will use all reasonable endeavours to keep any stated despatch or delivery date, it accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage resulting from delay howsoever the same shall have been caused.
- Where contracts provide for single deliveries at unspecified dates, the Firm shall deliver the goods as soon as they are available. If the customer shall fail to take delivery at that time, the Firm shall not afterwards be bound to make any further delivery.
- Same as regard to the provisions as to payment in condition 7 above, each delivery shall constitute a separate contract and failure or defect in one delivery shall not affect in any way the contract as to each remaining delivery.
- Where previously arranged delivery dates have been agreed, then in the event of failure on the Customer’s part to accept delivery on any of such dates the Firm shall not be bound to repeat such deliveries.
- Notwithstanding sub clauses (b) and (d) above, the Firm decides either at the Customer’s request or on its own initiative to store the goods until such time as the Customer is ready to take delivery thereof, then the Customer shall be liable to pay the Firm its reasonable storage charge together with the cost of re-delivery and of all extra loading and unloading costs caused by the Customer’s failure to take delivery on the due date. Such goods will be held in stock at Customer’s risk.
CLAIMS AND RETURNS (11)
The firm will not accept the return of any goods unless such return has received the prior approval of the Firm. The Firm’s liability for defective goods will be limited to replacement value as set out in Condition 14 and no claims will be considered for labour or other charges in connection with installation or removal.
The Customer shall inspect the goods immediately upon delivery. The Customer shall give the Firm immediate written notice of any claim that any of the goods are not of merchantable quality and the Customer’s failure to give notice of any claim within 14 days from date of delivery shall constitute an unqualified acceptable of such goods by the Customer. Slight imperfection in colour or appearance are not the subject of complaint.
FORCE MAJEURE (13)
The performance of all contracts is subject to any act of God; war, strike, lock out, fire, flood, drought, tempest or any other sauce beyond the control of the Firm. The Firm shall not be held responsible for failure to deliver or comply with any contract due to any such contingency.
The Liability of the Firm under this contract shall be limited to the replacement value of any goods agreed by the Firm to be defective. Goods agreed by the Firm as defective will be replaced free of charge as originally ordered. At the Firm’s option, appropriate credit will be given provided that notice of any such defect shall have been given in accordance with these conditions. The foregoing is given in lieu of all conditions or warranties of every kind whether direct or consequential. The Firm shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of loss or damage to third parties caused directly or indirectly by the goods or arising by reason of their use and the Customer shall at all times indemnify the Firm against such loss or damage.
DAMAGE OR LOSS IN TRANSIT (15)
The Firm will not consider any claims for damage or loss in connection with non-delivery or damage to or shortage of goods unless it is advised with confirmation in writing within 24 hours of receipt of goods.
RETENTION OF TITLE AND OTHER MATTERS INCLUDING AGENCY AND TRUSTEESHIP OF THE CUSTOMER (16)
- All goods shall be at the risk of the Customer as soon as they have been delivered to the Customer’s premises, vehicle or place of delivery.
- All goods shall however remain the sole property of the Firm both legally and beneficially until such time as the Firm shall have been paid in the full price thereof inclusive of VAT.
- The customer specifically acknowledges and undertakes that he shall possess any goods of which he shall be in possession solely as bailee for the Firm until such time as the Firm shall have been paid in full the price thereof inclusive of VAT.
- Until such time as the Customer becomes the owner of the goods in accordance with these conditions, he will store them on his premises from his own goods and those of any other person and in a manner which makes them readily identifiable as the goods of the Firm.
- (i) Subject to the provisions of paragraph (b) of this sub-clause, the Firm may at any time recover possession of any goods the property in which shall not have passed from the Firm under these conditions and for that purpose the Customer (so far as it may be entitled so to do) licenses the Firm, its servants or agents to enter any premises where they shall be stored or situated or may be reasonably be thought to be stores of situated.
(ii) The right to recover possession conveyed by paragraph (i) above shall arise only upon commencement of any act or proceedings in which the Customer’s solvency is involved or upon the expiration of 24 hours written notice by the Firm to the Customer.
(iii) The exercise of the right conferred by this sub-clause shall be without prejudice to all other rights which the Firm may have against the Customer.
- Subject to the terms thereof, the Customer is hereby licensed by the Firm to sell or supply and to agree to sell or supply (but only in that ordinary and bona fide course of the Customer’s business), goods that property in which shall not have passed from the Firm under these conditions provided always that and as the Customer hereby specifically undertakes any such sale or supply and any bailees for the Firm, whether the Customer sells or supplies as on his own account or not, and the entire proceeds of such sale or supply shall be held in trust for the Firm.
- For the avoidance of any doubt it is agreed and declared that references herein to the masculine shall include the feminine and in the case of a company or other artificial person at law, the neuter and the singular shall include the plural.
No waiver by the Firm (express or implied) of any of these conditions in relation to any contract made with the Customer shall prevent the Firm from enforcing or relying on these Terms and Conditions of Trade.